Holmestead Farm is the end result of a 29-year long dream I’ve had since I bought this land in 1988. I’m now doing what I truly enjoy doing … and with a partner who loves it as much as I do.
My name is Bobby Ray Holmes and with my partner Mary Kimerling, we opened Holmestead Farm in 2010 to the public. It took us years to get the land and property ready for farming and more years to get the vineyards and fruit trees ready. The hard work has been well worth it and we think you’ll agree when you taste the best blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, muscadines, and scuppernongs in this part of Alabama … all pesticide-free and grown with organic fertilizer. And don’t forget we have fresh okra, tomatoes, squash, purple hull peas and peppers, too.
We encourage you to pre-order your vegetables as we sell very quickly everything we grow. Make sure you get the Holmestead vegetables you want. Starting in spring 2015, we will be taking your orders for our fresh vegetables. So be sure to click the link below and sign up for our Holmestead Farm News and we’ll let you know as soon as we start taking pre-orders.
Be the first to know … sign up for Holmestead Farm News via email – Click the image at right to get started.
2017 Calendar of Seasons and Offerings
NOTE: All dates are approximate and dependent on Mother Nature. Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter for the most up-to-date info on what is available season to season. Hours also change throughout the year. Need more info or have questions, call 256-404-4316 or email Bobby Ray at email@example.com. Directions to our farm are here.
- Strawberries – March 27th – 18,000 plants: Season ending around 2nd week of June – call for availability.
- Blackberries – Late May thru early June – 1400 plants: Season begins Friday 02 June 2017
- Blueberries – Late May thru early June – 800 bushes: Season begins Friday 02 June 2017
- Raspberries – Late May thu early June – 600 plants: Season begins Friday 05 June 2017
- Peaches – May thru September – 400 trees: We have peaches as of 31 May 2017
- Nectarines – May thru July – 30 trees: Available as of 31 May 2017
- Plums – Late May thru July – 200 trees: Available as of 31 May 2017
- Plum-cots – June – 20 Trees: Available as of 31 May 2017
- Grapes (red, white, black) – June thru July – 75 plants
- Saturn (Do-Nut) peaches – June – 15 trees
- Asian Pear – August thru November – 50 trees
- Regular Pears – August thru November – 50 trees
- Apples – July thru November – 250 trees
- Japanese Persimmons – September thru November – 50 trees
- Figs – August thru October – 75 trees
- Muscadines & Scuppernongs – August thru October – 125 plants
- Satsumas – Late August thru November – 25 trees
- Meyer Lemons – September thru November – 20 trees
- Chestnuts (limited) – September – 10 trees
- Pomegranate (coming) – 15 planted in 2016
June thru October
Veggies & Produce: Tomatoes, okra, beans, peas, squash, cucumbers, peppers, winter squash, melons, cantaloupes, corn, and more.
Forms of payment: We accept cash, local checks, MC, VISA, Discover, SNAP (Food Stamps) Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks and Senior SFMNP checks.
When you plan your trip to Holmestead Farm, leave yourself some extra time to walk our nature trails, play some horseshoes, have a picnic in our big picnic area, or just sit a spell and enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in Alabama at the foothills of the Talladega National Forest and Mt. Cheaha, the tallest point in the state.
So plan a trip to Holmestead Farm and stock up on some scrumptious berries, fruits or vegetables. Make a day or weekend of it. There’s lots to do in this part of Alabama and we think when you visit once, you’ll end up coming back again and again.
We look forward to seeing you soon and don’t forget to sign up for our email news updates.
Thank you … Bobby Ray Holmes and Mary Kimerling
Contact Holmestead Farm at 256-404-4316 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Season Hours
Mo & We: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Fr & Sa: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Sun: 1-5 pm | Tu-Th: Closed
Any questions or need info, call 256-404-4316