2017 Calendar of Seasons and Offerings
NOTE: All dates are approximate and dependent on Mother Nature. Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter for the most up-to-date info on what is available season to season. Hours also change throughout the year. Need more info or have questions, call 256-404-4316 or email Bobby Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions to our farm are here.
- Strawberries – March 27th – 18,000 plants: Season over.
- Blackberries – Late May thru early June – 1400 plants: Season over
- Blueberries – Late May thru early June – 800 bushes: Season over
- Raspberries – Late May thu early June – 600 plants: Season over
- Peaches – May thru September – 400 trees: Season over
- Nectarines – May thru July – 30 trees: Season over
- Plums – Late May thru July – 200 trees: Season over
- Plum-cots – June – 20 Trees: Season over
- Grapes (red, white, black) – June thru July – 75 plants: Season Over
- Saturn (Do-Nut) peaches – June – 15 trees: Season over
- Asian Pear – August thru November – Season over
- Regular Pears – August thru November – Season over
- Apples – July thru November – 250 trees – Season over
- Japanese Persimmons – September thru November – Season going on now
- Figs – August thru October – 75 trees – Season going on now
- Muscadines & Scuppernongs – August thru October – 150 plants – Loaded
- Satsumas – Late August thru November – Season going on now
- Meyer Lemons – September thru November – 20 trees – Season now
- Chestnuts – Coming in 2018
- Pomegranate – coming in 2018
June thru October
Veggies & Produce: Tomatoes, okra, beans, peas, squash, cucumbers, peppers, winter squash, melons, cantaloupes, corn, and more.
All Year When Open
- Frozen peas, blackberries, & blueberries
- Jellies & jams – many varieties – made from our farm fresh fruits and berries.
- Holmestead Farm Honey – mostly from our own hives.
Forms of payment: We accept cash, local checks, MC, VISA, Discover, SNAP (Food Stamps) Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks and Senior SFMNP checks.
Annual Winter Tree & Plant Sale
2018: Starts February 1st thru May 15th
Over 4000 trees and plants: Fruit trees, nut trees, flowering & shade trees, citrus tress, and berry bushes and vines. Our plants are from certified commercial nurseries backed by local University research and support. Excellent root stock and the correct variety for our growing area. See what we usually offer on our Tree & Plant page.
Fall Season Hours
Mo – We – Fr – Sa: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Sun: 1-5 pm | Tu-Th: Closed
Any questions or need info, call 256-404-4316