2020 Calendar of Seasons and Offerings
NOTE: All dates are approximate and dependent on Mother Nature. Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter for the most up-to-date info on what is available season to season. Hours also change throughout the year. Need more info or have questions, call 256-404-4316 or email Bobby Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions to our farm are here.
- Strawberries – Late April thru June – 20,000 plants:
- Blackberries – May thru July – 1400 plants:
- Blueberries – May thru July – 800 bushes:
- Raspberries – May thru July – 600 plants:
- Peaches – April thru Sep – 400 trees:
- Nectarines – May thru August – 30 trees:
- Plums – April thru August – 250 trees:
- Plumcots – June – 20 trees:
- Grapes (red, white, black) – June thru July – 30 plants:
- Saturn (Do-Nut) peaches – June – 20 trees:
- Asian Pear – August thru November – 40 trees:
- Regular Pears – August thru November – 25 trees:
- Apples – July thru November – 150 trees:
- Japanese Persimmons – Late Sep thru Nov – 40 trees:
- Figs – August thru October – 75 trees:
- Muscadines & Scuppernongs – August thru October – 150 plants:
- Satsumas – September thru November – 25 trees:
- Meyer Lemons – October thru December – 15 trees:
- Chestnuts – Fall – 6 trees:
- Pomegranate – coming in 2020
June thru October
Veggies & Produce: Tomatoes, okra, beans, peas, squash, cucumbers, peppers, winter squash, melons, cantaloupes, corn, and more.
All Year When Open
- Frozen peas, blackberries, & blueberries
- Jellies & jams & preserves – many varieties – made from our farm fresh fruits and berries.
- Holmestead Farm Honey – from our own hives.
- Home made candies, salsas, chowders, ciders, and more.
Forms of payment: We accept cash, local checks, MC, VISA, Discover, SNAP (Food Stamps) Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks and Senior SFMNP checks.
Annual Winter Tree & Plant Sale
2020: Starts February 1st thru May 15th
Over 6000 trees and plants: Fruit trees, nut trees, flowering & shade trees, citrus tress, and berry bushes and vines. Our plants are from certified commercial nurseries backed by local University research and support. Excellent root stock and the correct variety for our growing area. See what we usually offer on our Tree & Plant page.
HOURS for FEB 2020: Mo thru FR: 8 am – 4:00 pm. Sat: 8 am – 1 pm. Closed Sundays
On really bad weather days, check Facebook to see if we are open.
Any questions or need a special appointment, call 256-404-4316