2018 Calendar of Seasons and Offerings
NOTE: All dates are approximate and dependent on Mother Nature. Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter for the most up-to-date info on what is available season to season. Hours also change throughout the year. Need more info or have questions, call 256-404-4316 or email Bobby Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions to our farm are here.
- Strawberries – Late March or April – 18,000 plants:
- Blackberries – Late May thru early June – 1400 plants:
- Blueberries – Late May thru early June – 800 bushes:
- Raspberries – Late May thu early June – 600 plants:
- Peaches – May thru September – 400 trees:
- Nectarines – May thru July – 30 trees:
- Plums – Late May thru July – 200 trees:
- Plum-cots – June – 20 Trees:
- Grapes (red, white, black) – June thru July – 75 plants:
- Saturn (Do-Nut) peaches – June – 15 trees:
- Asian Pear – August thru November:
- Regular Pears – August thru November:
- Apples – July thru November – 250 trees:
- Japanese Persimmons – September thru November:
- Figs – August thru October – 75 trees:
- Muscadines & Scuppernongs – August thru October – 150 plants:
- Satsumas – Late August thru November:
- Meyer Lemons – September thru November – 20 trees:
- Chestnuts – Coming in 2018
- Pomegranate – coming in 2018
June thru October
Veggies & Produce: Tomatoes, okra, beans, peas, squash, cucumbers, peppers, winter squash, melons, cantaloupes, corn, and more.
All Year When Open
- Frozen peas, blackberries, & blueberries
- Jellies & jams – many varieties – made from our farm fresh fruits and berries.
- Holmestead Farm Honey – mostly from our own hives.
Forms of payment: We accept cash, local checks, MC, VISA, Discover, SNAP (Food Stamps) Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks and Senior SFMNP checks.
Annual Winter Tree & Plant Sale
2018: Starts February 1st thru May 15th
Over 4000 trees and plants: Fruit trees, nut trees, flowering & shade trees, citrus tress, and berry bushes and vines. Our plants are from certified commercial nurseries backed by local University research and support. Excellent root stock and the correct variety for our growing area. See what we usually offer on our Tree & Plant page.
Fall Season Hours
Mo – We – Fr: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm | Closed Days by appointment
Any questions or need info, call 256-404-4316